Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Automobiles.

Let's get real, get right. Everyone suggest songs that are car-themed in some way.

Have fun.

I will get things started with the song Car, by Built to Spill.

PLAYLISTS:
Reckless? Or Reckless?
Modest Mouse – Out of Gas
Cake – Stickshifts and Safetybelts
The Eagles – Life in the Fast Lane
Old 97's – Crash on the Barrelhead
Grateful Dead – Truckin'
The New Amsterdams – Asleep at the Wheel
Beck – Loser
Death Cab for Cutie – A Movie Script Ending
Cloud Cult – Car Crash
Radiohead – Airbag
The Flaming Lips – Mr. Ambulance Driver
Andrew Bird – A Nervous Tic Motion of the Head to the Left

Cake – The Distance
Depeche Mode – Behind the Wheel
Jamiroquai – Black Devil Car
Big Star – Back of a Car
Kings of Leon – Camaro
Audioslave – I Am the Highway
The Arcade Fire – Keep the Car Running
Built to Spill – Car
Golden Earring – Radar Love
The Beatles – Day Tripper
Spoon – The Way We Get By
Belle & Sebastian – I Love My Car

24 comments:

  1. Half of the songs by Modest Mouse.

    (mostly Out of Gas)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silas The Magic Car - Mew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love My Car - Belle & Sebastian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back of a Car - Big Star.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Red Corvette - Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the Backseat by Arcade Fire. Also Keep the Car Running by the same folks but the former is far superior.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Distance by Cake. No wait! Stickshifts and Safetybelts by Cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohh Ol' 55 by Tom Waits, that song is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Radar Love by Golden Earring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stock car flamin' with a loser and the cruise control.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Title and Registration by Death Cab for Cutie. I mean Passenger Seat by Death Cab. I mean We Looked Like Giants. I mean Two Cars. I mean 405. Actually, I mean A Movie Script Ending.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scott I think you're really cool! I would even call you "Great Scott!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jerry Was a Racecar Driver, by Primus.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Drive, by The Cars. Double points.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that sexy banner. Awesome design.

    My submission:
    Tim Mcgraw "Red Ragtop"

    Ha ha just kidding,

    First one that came to mind (next to Tim) "Behind the Wheel" Depheche Mode

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Camaro" Kings of Leon

    "The Distance" Cake

    "Fast Car" Tracy Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  17. Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, by Lucinda Williams.
    Asleep at the Wheel, by the New Amsterdams.

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Tracy
    Also No Cars Go, by Arcade Fire.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought of some more:
    Airbag / Radiohead.
    Rental Car / Beck.
    Life in the Fast Lane / the Eagles
    Truckin' / Grateful Dead
    It's Okay / Land of Talk
    Black Devil Car / Jamiroquai

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can we include Pink Moon by Nick Drake and The Funeral by Band of Horses because they were on two of the best car commercials?

    See.

    They're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this!! Sorry I'm so late to the game. Here are a few more more:

    Bitchin' Camaro - The Dead Milkmen
    Baby, You Can Drive My Car - The Beatles
    Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett

    ReplyDelete
  22. Contents of this website are good and appreciative.

    Baby Modeling Agents & beer advertisements

    ReplyDelete